Tuesday 8 February 2011

A Promising Start to PR

Four weeks of placement over, now back to lectures and library visits. It will be hard to get back into the ‘student life’ even just after a month of full time work, work which I absolutely loved as it opened up my eyes to the whole pr world out there and various paths that I can take. I went into my placement at The Encore Organisation based in Syston with limited skills that I had learnt in the three months at uni, I can happily say that I have left my placement with key skills and extended knowledge on how to carry out certain tasks within the pr workplace.
I extremely enjoyed my placement and feel that I have befitted a great deal from it. As soon as my first full time working day was over I knew that the rest of the weeks were going to go fast and I would have to make the most of every minute there. The environment I was working in was great with highly friendly atmosphere at all times hence why I enjoyed this placement a lot. Whenever I found it difficult completing a piece of work, help was at right hand.

Examples of the work I carried out was producing copies for website, brochures and newsletters, press releases, pr proposals, promotional ideas and many more. I absolutely took pleasure in working alongside the whole team at Encore and would defiantly recommend this company to future DMU students as I can promise it will be very worthwhile. I will miss working full time as a pr assistant, however haven’t got long until I’m out in the real world again and this time working for real!

No comments:

Post a Comment